10 June 2023
Senior Project Manager
WIPTEC, a leader in order picking for the retail and e-commerce industries, is experiencing strong growth and is looking for a passionate leader to fill the position of Senior Project Manager.
The position is based in Longueuil, in the St-Hubert and Sherbrooke area. Currently undergoing its second phase of expansion, this automated, state-of-the-art distribution center will eventually include over 1,700,000 square feet and more than 1,000 jobs.
Act as an orchestra conductor and manage all facets of a prioritized project (technological integration or continuous improvement), including planning, execution, closure, and implementation of follow-up indicators.
If you like your everyday life to be different, you’ll love the environment. There’s a friendly saying around here that change is the only thing that doesn’t change… If that sounds like you, then we need to meet!
The following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Collaborate in the adaptation of project tracking tools (budget and work plan/deliverables schedule);
- Communicate with internal and external resources to ensure quality deliverables.
- Coordinate implementation, provide advice and guidance to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure data integrity and project documentation.
- Monitor progress of each stage of the project against objectives, approved budgets, and approved schedules.
- Create action plans to achieve objectives, within budget and hold people accountable to deadlines.
- Identify project risks, develop risk mitigation plans and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Participate in the integration of new customers in Longueuil and/or Sherbrooke.
- Communicate directly with customers to define their specific integration needs.
- Ensure optimized integration in compliance with WITEPC standards/procedures.
- Define implementation locations for new customers.
- Collaborate in the implementation of the specific implementation strategy for each new customer, and act as a conductor for the other departments involved.
- Liaise with the development of LEAD modules (WMS).
- Collaborate on the customer’s physical implementation (visual management, location, work instructions, etc.).
- Participate in the start-up of customer activities and operations in the debugging phase.
- Train operations and logistics teams to ensure successful transfer of activities to day-to-day operations.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure effective change management and knowledge transfer throughout the integration process.
- Analyze potential new projects based on the needs of business development, operations, logistics, quality, inventory management and support functions (IT, HR and Finance);
- Develop work plans required for the following prioritized projects:
- Contribute to effective project management.
- Participate in monitoring team workload and billable hours to meet deployment deadlines and quality targets.
- Contribute to establishing a culture of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Take OHS best practices into account when rolling out continuous improvement projects and integrating customers/new technologies.
- Carry out any other related tasks linked to business needs.
- University degree in business or other relevant training.
- A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years experience in project management.
- Ability to develop work plans based on team needs.
- Keep abreast of business needs to help prioritize projects for the Integration and Project team (technology integration, customer, or continuous improvement projects).
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to manage complex situations.
- Be bilingual in French and English, both spoken and written.
Qualifications and skills
- Ambient temperature even in a heatwave
- Continuous work (without unemployment)
- Nice working atmosphere
- Completely renovated bistro (Break room)
- Beautiful and large outdoor terrace
- Varied tasks
- Very clean working environment
- Public transit reimbursement up to 50%.
- Group insurance (health, dental, life)
- Sick leave and floating vacations
- Vacation time
- Safety equipment reimbursement
- Permanent position
- Group RRSP
- Referral bonus
Since 2002, WIPTEC has made its mark as an expert in order picking. We operate in an environment where every operation is accessible. For more information about this position, please contact Marie-Claude at 819-564-7117 #153 or email@example.com.